Best Weed Eater for 2019 Introduction
- Mostly in this review we will discuss all the types of weed eaters, their pros and cons and my professional opinion on which one may be the best tool for your job. This may surprise you!
- I’ve spent many years working with weed eaters daily, and have found reasons why some weed eaters can slow you down and cause back and neck pain! And some that all though are powerful will cost you more money in repairs and maintenance over time. I will only be discussing straight shaft weed eaters because they are superior to all bent shaft types.
- After reading this review you will know which type of weed eater is best for you by understanding their strengths and weaknesses for small and large yards. I will also provide you with a brief description of each type, before I go into brands and model descriptions, for those of you who have never owned a weed eater before.
- Lastly I will give you my best weed eater for 2019 pick in each category.
Gas 2-Cycle Gas Weed Eater
- Description; 2-cycle gas is mixed with oil two keep the engine lubed because the design of the engine has an open crankcase.
- These types of weed eaters tend to be the most popular and powerful. Because of the 2-cycle oil mixture they have the highest RPM of all the types of weed eaters. Which is great because the faster the head of the weed eater can spin the better it will cut.
- When using gas powered weed eaters you are not limited in distance by having to drag an electrical extension cord. Or have to worry about a battery going dead half way through your job. (Electric weed eater, Battery powered weed eaters)
- Powerful and versatile describes this type. They are able to trim around trees and flower beds and you can flip them over an edge of the driveway as well.
- Is able to handle any job from sticker bushes, to getting in between cracks in the sidewalk, and around delicate flowers.
- Reliable in cold or hot temperatures as well as rain.
- If not properly cared for the 2-cycle gas can gum up in the tank and fuel lines.
- Will need maintenance like spark plug and exhaust filter replacement. Which you can do yourself but will need to be brought to a lawnmower shop for an over hall every 5 years or so depending hours of use.
- Requires you to have a separate gas can for the 2-cycle premixed gas, as well as buying the 2-cycle oil.
- Can over heat the engine in hotter weather on extended periods of use.
Best 2-Cycle Weed eater of 2019
- The ECHO SRM-225 String Trimmer, 21.2CC, 17″ cut width.
- Bottom line this weed eater is commercial quality and can do it all from trimming around flower beds to edging around driveways. Superior build quality and materials used. Tough and reliable product with a great reputation.
- Easy to use and powerful, cuts through knee high grass as well as four 4 inch grass. Quiet and easy to start. Perfectly balanced trimmer that feels great with very low vibration.
- I have owned many ECHO weed eaters and they are in my opinion better than STIHL weed eaters and are less expensive.
- I found over 800 5 star reviews.
- Outstanding 5 year warranty.
- Ability to register the weed eater online with ECHO.
- Cuts a 17 inch swath.
- Best entry level gas weed eater there is.
- Weed eater head does not hold a lot of string, you may want to upgrade if you have a very large area to weed eat.
2nd Place 2-Cycle Weed Eater 2019
The Husqvarna 128LD 17-In Straight Shaft Detachable String Trimmer, 28cc
- This weed eater is a trusted brand. Attachment capable, 2 cycle unit. It has good power and you can change out the weed eater head for other attachments. Good for medium to large yards. Very reliable.
- Never seems to stall and is light weight. When long grass wraps around the head, it doesn’t prevent it from working. Assembles easily and starts on the 2nd pull.
- Found over 500 4 star reviews.
- Have been in business since 1959.
- Weed eater head does not hold a lot of string. It is short in length so if you are 6′ tall this may not be the weed eater for you.
- It is a little on the high end of price for an entry level weed eater.
- Warranty is only for one year.
Last Place 2-Cycle Weed Eater 2019
Remington RM2560 Rustler 25cc 2-Cycle 16-Inch Straight Shaft Gas Trimmer
- This weed eater is equipped with a 25cc 2-cycle engine with quick start technology makes pull starts easier. Has a smaller cutting swath then the other 2 by one inch. Also is the cheapest of the 3. Which may not be a good thing.
- Will get the job done with steady power. Constructed with durable components. Ideal for small to medium sized yards. Very low price for what it offers.
- Has a 2 year limited warranty.
- It is tough to start after only a few uses. Weed eater head is small and does not feed well, must upgrade.
Summery on Best 2-cycle gas weed eaters
- At Lawn Passion we like to recommend products that are the best in many areas.
- Warranty is a big part of our recommendation process. If a company does not stand behind there product with a strong warranty I myself will not buy their product.
- ECHO not only has the best warranty in the industry but their gas powered products are of the highest quality.
- I’ve owned many ECHO weed eaters and never had a single problem with any of them. I’ve never even had to file a warranty claim but knowing it had one was a nice since of security.
- If you want a 2-cycle weed eater and have a medium to large yard this is the weed eater for you!