Hello this is a review for the best cordless leaf blower for 2019. After testing many different cordless tools DeWalt tested better than all others!
I owned and operated my own Landscape business for many years. And I wish DeWalt had came out with a cordless leaf blower years ago.
Perfect for any size job around the house or cleaning up after your latest project.
Light weight and compact but packs quite a punch for a cordless leaf blower. I owned several of there cordless hand tools but they didn’t have lawn equipment when I had my business.
If so I would have bought one of these bad boys as well.
Check out my last article where I discuss the different kinds of Leaf Blowers and see why Cordless Leaf Blowers are great for medium to small homes.
What owners say about their purchase
- LIKES: We found over 1850 5 star reviews online between the DeWalt home page and everything in between all the way to Amazon. Also I read hours of reviews before I purchased one myself.
- I did see a few 3 star reviews but it seemed to me that they were just uninformed buyers. The majority (99%) were good, owners liked how light weight it was. And it is quiet on a scale from 1 to 10, ten being the highest I give it a 4. For a leaf blower that is about as low as it gets.
- It was also referred to as a very powerful battery powered leaf blower. I used it for 30 minutes on and off and it didn’t lose any steam. I liked the variable speed trigger which kind of works like cruise control on a car. But what’s cool to me about the variable speed trigger is it locks in the speed you want so you do not have to hold the trigger the whole time.
- Also stated: Many people commented on how good the quality of the materials are. I definitely agree to that I have owned DeWalt products for years and they are the best quality tools I have ever owned. Ask any Contractor or Builder you know and they will agree to the quality and lasting ability of DeWalt products.
- Size: And with it being only 3 feet long and lightweight I was able to hang it on the wall in the garage next to the entry door for easy access to the back patio.
- No maintenance ever: You will not need an extra gas can for 2 cycle mix fuel. And my favorite no tune up cost over the years. Just grab and go.
Some customers complained that for the price it only has a wind speed of 90 mph. Also stated for $25.00 less you could get 110 mph wind speed Cordless Leaf Blower which is true you can. But at a lower build quality as well as less product features and lower quality materials. Also the ones that I found that were cheaper and in the running for quality didn’t come with a battery or charger.
But for me, I know how good the DeWalt brand is. I also know that even a 200 mph wind speed gas powered professional strength leaf blower, it will not blow off wet grass that is stuck to your driveway! So for my money I will go with the top notch quality and a brand I know will weather the test of time. Also worth noting you can not use the 18 volt batteries from older DeWalt tools, they have to be 20 volt.
What’s in The Box
- Out of the box; it comes with everything you need. The one I bought even came with the battery charged, enough for me to scare my 6 year old son who was playing on the deck when it was delivered. It has a charger, battery, blower tube and instruction manual as well. But I haven’t and do not plan on opening the instruction manual. Really it’s pretty straight forward the design of it is easy to understand were everything goes.
- It did not come with; any other accessories and I did not find any online or on the DeWalt home page. I will note that I got same day free delivery from Amazon which was amazing.
Products like this one and price
- If this one is not powerful enough for you, DeWalt makes another hand held Cordless Leaf Blower that has a wind speed of 120 mph for a little more it is the DeWalt DCBL790H1 40V MAX 6.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR Brushless Blower. But it comes in at $275.39, but was not what fit our medium size yard so I didn’t feel the need to pop for the extra cash to get it. But it seems to be a good product one that I will review in the coming months.
- There is also a new comer to the market; The Work Turbine 56V Cordless Blower with Brushless Motor, with 125 mph wind speed and a Powerful 56V MaxLithium battery. But the price comes in at $143.94 which puts it $6.00 cheaper then the DeWalt DCBL720P1 20 VOLT MAX which I bought on Amazon at $149.99. So not really cheap enough for me to take a chance on them yet but I have heard good things about the brand but have not done any research on them yet. But that is coming as well. Check here for latest price.
- Is the price point the best? No I did find some cheaper but of far less quality and brand recognition. With DeWalt you are buying the best product there is and that comes at a slight premium. Now the normal price on the DeWalt DCBL720P1 20 VOLT MAX is $169.99 I am a prime member so I got it at a lower price than normal but in my opinion it’s still a bargain at that price being that you will never have to buy another blower in your life.
- The DeWalt DCBL720P1 20 VOLT MAX; comes with everything you need for any small to medium size yard. The variable speed trigger function is a great feature to have, and having a battery and charger is nice as well. If you are like me and have other DeWalt cordless tools all the 20 volt batteries are interchangeable. So if your battery dies you can just swap out for another one and keep working. How ever if you do not it took one in a half hours for the battery to charge but I used mine for thirty straight minutes and it still didn’t seem to phase it at all.
What will you need
- Nothing at all it comes with the blower tube, battery and charger. Complete Cordless Leaf Blower kit ready to do work.
- Weight; 7.1 lbs which puts it a full pound lighter than the Work Turbine 56V Cordless Blower with Brushless Motor. Which is because DeWalt uses state of the art materials that are stronger and lighter. This is one of the things that makes buying a superior product nice. It doesn’t sound like a lot of weight but, after cutting, bagging, weed eating and edging your yard, the weight difference will count at the final push to complete your job right, by blowing off the excess grass and yard debris.
- Wind speed; 90 mph or Air Volume 400 CFM (cubic feet per minute)
- Battery; Lithium Ion 20 Volt Max (one included with charger)
- Noise Rating; 61 DB(A) lowest on the market
Why specs are important
- Quality is the factors that lead to a long lasting constant product. DeWalt is the leader in cordless hand tools the world over. They use the best materials and spend hundreds of hours on research and development. Insuring your cordless leaf blower will stand up to the test of time. Their tools are seen at every work sight in America and have a reputation to be of the best quality around, and have since 1923.
- Durability DeWalt cordless tools take a beating and keep going. I’ve built decks and fences while running my business and can not tell you how many times one of my guys would leave a drill or chop saw on the job sight when it would start raining. Only to show up the next day and find them soaking wet but still working. I see no reason why the DeWalt DCBL720P1 20 VOLT MAX Cordless Leaf Blower won’t do the same. I even had a portable DeWalt table saw fall of a dump trail on city street and still worked when we got it back to the shop. The aluminum legs were bent but the saw still worked and was square.
- DeWalt has a 3 year limited warranty: DeWalt will repair, without charge, any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship for three years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover part failure due to normal wear or tool abuse. A 1 year free service warranty DeWalt will maintain the tool and replace worn parts caused by normal use, for free, any time during the first year after purchase.
90-Day Money Back Guarantee
- If you are not completely satisfied with the performance of your DeWalt Power Tool, Laser, or Nailer for any reason, you can return it within 90 days from the date of purchase with a receipt for a full refund – no questions asked. This information comes straight from DeWalts home page www.dewalt.com or call 1-800-4-DEWALT (1-800-433-9258).
- What you need to register for warranty registering your purchase with my DEWALT links at there home page it took me 5 minutes and it was done. This also protects you from theft because you register it by the serial# that is on each of there products.
- How to make a claim for warranty once you have registered your Cordless Leaf Blower all you have to do is sign in to your account that you set up when registering your product. And follow there prompts. Very easy and they never gave me the run around in the past. Once when I had a problem with a drill and within a week I had a brand new drill in the box at no charge of course.
- I love this product: there is nothing you can not do around your yard with this Cordless Leaf Blower, that any other Cordless Leaf Blower can do. The feel of it in your hand is great not to heavy or to light. It is shockingly quiet you can still have a conversation with your neighbor about how great a job it does without screaming at each other. Its variable speed trigger is a great touch and can be worked with one hand.
The fit and finish
- Are of the highest quality. It is small and can easily be brought with you without taking much space at all. Just set it on the floorboard of your car or truck. I did not find one thing that I didn’t like about this Cordless Leaf Blower. We even felt that the price is more than fair for this high quality product. There is zero maintenance to be performed over the years. Which means no cost for spark plugs or gas, and you never have to dread the day it doesn’t start and needs to be repaired.
- You will not be able to blow more than a 1 acre yard, it just does not have the battery power for that being a Cordless Leaf Blower. But if you have a spare battery you are good to go. It is not as powerful as a gas blower but it’s also not as heavy as a gas powered blower, and you don’t have to have a separate gas can for 2 cycle fuel for added cost over the years.
- I definitely recommend: you buy this Cordless Leaf Blowers by DeWalt. You might want to get an extra battery as well if you do not have one. There will come a day that you will forget to take the battery out and put it on the charger. But all in all this product is great. No hassle, a product that works great and will for many years to come. Check latest price here.
- If you have a small to medium size yard (1 acre or less) this is a must have. I have used this cordless leaf blower for the whole summer and it has saved me time and money.
- If you don’t want to spend the money then I would give the Work Turbine 56V Cordless Blower with Brushless Motor a try.
- Thank you for reading this review and be sure to share with your friends. Have a good day and come back and see us at LawnPassion.com